confessions of a dog soldier

Saturday, November 22, 2008

the return of heuronymous

our friend, fear, is back from his endless departure.
our neighbour, sorrow, visited us on his way to hereafter.
our schoolmate, happiness, just went for the long walk home.
and his faithful partner, joy, went for a neverending trip on his own.

what is left of this wicked heart i ask?
will it fade and grow the dark of dusk?

worry not my fellow soldiers, your demons has come to love you.
to lead you along this passage of what i may think its true.
your demons they are here to make you realize.
this pain and grim and lies throughout your life.

so who is left to save the day?
who is left to make them pay?

i am the demon which dwells on your sadness.
i had my reasons to feed in your fortress.
but deep down inside i want you to know.
that i was a saint before they let me go.

my God forgive me, for the evil that i have learnt.
my God forgive me, for these sins that i have earned.

heuronymous has returned to find a space.
he has always been there, but without a face.
my heart rejoice on his second coming.
and i hope he stays till the eternal morning.

- riff di censo the boy from 3e5

No comments: